CHE Quality Enhancement Project Symposium: Understanding Academics as Teachers, Durban, 2015
Winberg, C. 'Extreme Teaching' - understanding teaching practice in a challenging context.
Organisational Learning, Culture and Knowledge (OLCK) Conference, Milan, April 2015
Leibowitz, B. Being and becoming a good university teacher
The Higher Education Learning and Teaching of Southern Africa (HELTASA) Conference, University of the Free State, 2014:
- Leibowitz, B., Bozalek, V., Farmer, J., Garraway, J., Herman, N., Jawitz, J., McMillan, W., Mistri, G., Nkonki, V., Quinn, L., Vorster, J., van Schalkwyk, S., Winberg, C. Reflections on a large group, multi-site collaborative research project.
- Jawitz, J. and Perez, T. Learning to Teach at UCT - a risky business?
- Quinn, L. and Vorster, J. Practising what we preach in a course on teaching for lecturers.
- Panel: Interplay of Structure, Culture and Agency: A study on professional development in higher education in South Africa – what can we learn about context, and does it matter?
- Brenda Leibowitz, Vivienne Bozalek, Precious Sipuka: Overview on the project
- Garraway, J. and Winberg, C. Duality of institutions
- Mistri, G. Universities of Technology
- Quinn, L. and Vorster, J. Rhodes - an outlier that is research-intensive and teaching focussed.
- Ndebele, C. and Nkonki, V. Rurality
- Bozalek, V. and McMillan, W. Recommendations of the project.
New Students at SRHE, Wales, December 2014:
- Farmer, J. Poster: Black Women's Experiences in HE South Africa. The interplay of Structure, Culture and Agency - a Method?
Propel Conference, Stirling, UK, June 2014:
- McMillan, W. and Gordon, N. Poster Presentation: Being and Becoming a University Teacher.
- Winberg, C. Extreme Teaching: Educational Development in Difficult Contexts
- Jawitz, J. and Peres, T. Enabling Teaching Development at a Research Led University: The UCT Case Study.
- Leibowitz, B., Garraway, J. and Farmer, J. Values, Concerns and Identity in Academic Development
- Leibowitz, B., Bozalek, V., van Schalkwyk, S. and Winberg, C. The Interplay of Structure, Culture and Agency: A Multisite Study of Academic Professional Development in South African Higher Education
- Ndebele, C. Voices of academics on conditions enabling and constraining their uptake of professional development opportunities as teachers at a South African University.
12th Canadian Conference on Medical Education, Ottowa, 2014:
- Blitz, J. and van Schalkwyk, S. Accessing Professional Development Opportunities: A Survey of Health Sciences Academics in their Teaching Role
The Higher Education Learning and Teaching Association of Southern Africa (UNISA, 2013):
- Leibowitz, B., Garraway, J. and Farmer, J. Values, concerns and identity in academic development.
- Herman, N., Leibowitz, B. and Bitzer, E. Professional learning of academics for their teaching function: "an impossible luxury".
- Leibowitz, B., Bozalek, V., van Schalkwyk, S. and Winberg, C. Context Matters: Professional development in South African Higher Education.
- Ndebele, C. and Maphosa, C. Conditions enabling and constraining the uptake of professional development opportunities at a South African university.
- Farmer, J. Black women academics' experiences in teaching and learning in higher education South Africa (Poster)
- Jawitz, J., Williams, K., Pym, J. and Cox, G. Why we do what we do: Interrogating our academic staff development practice.
- Symposium: Professional development at South African universities: The interplay of context, structure and agency.
- Ndebele, C., Leibowitz, C. and Winberg, C. Exploring participation in collaborative research: identity formation or identity crisis?
- Leibowitz, B. and Bozalek, V. Professional development at South African Universities: The interplay of structure, culture and agency.
- Herman, N., Leibowitz, B. and van Schalkwyk, S. Professional learning of academics in their teaching role: the value of a multi-site, inter-institutional research project.
- Garraway, J. Context, structure and agency in academic development in South Africa.
The Higher Education Learning and Teaching Association of Southern Africa (Port Elizabeth, 2011)
- Boughey, C., Garraway, J., Jawitz, J. and van Schalkwyk, S. Exploring the national policy environment: Spaces for the professional development of academics.
- Leibowitz, B., Ndebele, C. and Winberg, C. Structure, culture and agency: University teachers' professional development.